SSC CGL Recruitment 2024
SSC is commonly known as the Staff Selection Commission which is coming up with the recruitment process of CGL. This organization is responsible for conducting a civil services examination every year in which it recruits people from grade b and grade c categories. All those applicants who have made the application process for the SSC CGL recruitment process must be prepared for their examination. Every year lakhs of students make their SSC CGL Notification 2024 application process for these jobs and that’s why the level of toughness is increasing day by day for this recruitment process.
SSC CGL Notification 2024 PDF
All those who have made the application process for this recruitment process are guided to prepare well for the examination and for that they should also check last year’s syllabus to get a good idea of the syllabus and the preparation. So that they can prepare for SSC CGL Recruitment 2024 examination according to the advertisement. All those who want to know all the information about this recruitment process from educational qualifications to document requirements and all the other necessary information are guided to stick to this article till the end. But before that, there are a few highlights of the SSC CGL Notification 2024 recruitment process that one should know which are given below.
SSC CGL Vacancy 2024
Staff Selection Commission is a well-known organization in India for conducting the Combined Graduate Level examinations. Through this examination, SSC recruits candidates for Grade B and Grade C category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. This recruitment process is a great opportunity for those who want to make their career in the government sector. SSC is well known for conducting the CWE examination which happens to be a national-level examination. This CWE examination is a common written examination that is conducted by SSC every year. Through this examination, SSC has recruited a lot of people to date and now again SSC has released the SSC CGL Notification 2024 for the recruitment process.
Highlights of SSC CGL Exam 2024
|SSC Combined Graduate Level CGL 2024
|Staff Selection Commission
|Total Number of Vacancies
|2000+ Expected Posts
|Type of Job
|Central Govt Jobs
|Location of Job
|Application Process Mode
|Apply Online Date
|Last Date of Application
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2024
To get into the SSC CGL Notification 2024 recruitment process candidates need to fit in the recruitment eligibility process first otherwise their application will get rejected by the board and they won’t be able to get into this recruitment process. This eligibility criterion is dependent on Age, Education and so many other factors which are –
- Applicant must have passed the 10+2 or intermediate examination from any recognized board or institute which is registered under the government of India.
- The applicant needs to have a graduation degree for this recruitment process from any recognized board or university which is registered under the government of India.
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 18 years.
- The maximum age of the applicant should be 32 years.
age relaxation is applicable as per the given below the table.
|Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit
|03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST)
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees:
Who has rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications?
|Up to 40 years of age
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees:
Who has rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications? (SC/ST)
|Up to 45 years of age
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.
|Up to 35 years of age
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST)
|Up to 40 years of age
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces.
|Up to 45 years of age
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces (SC/ST).
|Up to 50 years of age
|Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies )
|3 years plus the length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.
- Gen/OBC Candidates pay Rs. 100/-
- All other candidates pay Rs. 0/-
In these stages of examination Tier, I, and Tier II are computer-based examinations that happen online and Tier III is a descriptive paper while Tier IV is a computer proficiency test or skill test. Tier IV also conducts document verification too in it. Those who are interested to work in the government sector can make the application for the SSC CGL recruitment process online through which they can get placed in Central Government sector jobs all over India.
- Tier -I → Computer Based Examination.
- Tier -II → Computer Based Examination.
- The Tier -III → Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper).
- Tier-IV → Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable) / Document Verification
CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2024
|No. of Questions
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|A cumulative time of 60 minutes
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2024
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1
|No. of Questions
|Reasoning and General Intelligence
|English Language and Comprehension
|Computer Knowledge Test
|Data Entry Speed Test
|One Data Entry Task
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3
|No. of question
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Syllabus of SSC Tier 1 Exam 2024 PDF
The tier 1 examination is a computer-based examination which will be of 60 minutes duration and in this examination, there will be a 0.50 marks deduction. In this examination, the syllabus is divided on the bases of subjects which is –
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figurative classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series., Coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc. The topics are Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of center codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
- General Awareness- Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
- Quantitative Aptitude – The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School. , Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallel piped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension – Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be tested. Questions will be based on the spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Syllabus 2024
Tier 2 examination is an online computer-based examination that is conducted by the board for the duration of 120 minutes. In this examination, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks on paper- II. The syllabus for the SSC CGL examination of Tier II is also decided on the bases of subjects which are-
- Quantitative Ability – The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with the triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
- English Language & Comprehension – Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of the English Language and will be based on the spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
- Statistics – Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions, Measures of Central Tendency– Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles, Measures of Dispersion– Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion, Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis, Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only), Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem, Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete), Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non-probability sampling techniques (simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution (statement only); Sample size decisions, Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals, Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data , Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods, Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
- General Studies (Finance and Economics) – Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organizations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers, Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve, Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer’s behavior-Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply, Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production; Laws of production-Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale, Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors-Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth, National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Population-Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth, Poverty and unemployment-Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment, Infrastructure – Energy, Transportation, Communication.
SSC CGL Exam Dates 2024
The notification for the registration process will be released by SSC in 2024 after which the registration process will begin in 2024 and will be open till 2024. The examination process for the recruitment process 2024 will start 2024 in when SSC will conduct the Tier I examination which will be computer-based. After the selection for Tier, I examination the candidate needs to appear for Tier II and III examinations in 2024, and the last, and final examination of Tier IV will happen after that.
|Notification/Advertisement Out On
|Registration Start From
|Apply Online Application Close
|Tier 1 Exam Date
|Tier-II Exam Date
|Tier-III Exam Date
|Tier-IV Exam Date
How to Apply Online to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2024
SSC is coming up with 2000+ Expected vacancies on which this recruitment process will happen. To make the application for this recruitment process online candidates need to follow some simple steps which are-
- The first candidate needs to visit the official website of the SSC CGL which is http://ssc.nic.in.
- After reaching the home page of the website candidate need to create the login id and password while doing the verification process through OTP on the registered mobile number and email address.
- Those, making the login id candidate need to click on the notification button and after that, they need to download and read first carefully.
- After reading this notification for the eligibility criteria candidates need t click on the Apply Online option on the screen.
- After clicking on the Apply Online button, they will get an SSC CGL Recruitment 2024 form on the screen in which they need to fill in all mandatory details carefully without making any mistakes in the form.
- Next, filling out the form candidate need to submit a scanned copy of the documents asked for in the form along with a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After this candidate needs to pay the application fee online by using a credit card., net banking, and debit card.
- Later, making the payment candidate needs to check the details again for the cross-checking pattern.
- After cross-checking the details candidate needs to click on the submit button to complete the application process.
- Now applicants can also take out the Sarkari Naukri printout of the application for future reference.
|SSC CGL Syllabus