E Shram Card Download: All You Need to Know
The E-Shram portal, launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, aims to create a consolidated database of 38 crore unorganized sector employees in India. This national database will be linked to Aadhaar and contain crucial details like name, address, educational background, skillset, and family-related information. The E Shram card online registration process is simple and requires the applicant to have an Aadhaar number, a bank account number, and a cellphone number linked to their Aadhaar.
E Shram card application online can be done by any Indian citizen between the ages of 16 and 59 who is not a member of EPFO or ESIC. The portal aims to provide numerous facilities to workers and extends benefits of various programs through the 12-digit e-card that will be issued to registered employees. The card also provides accident insurance coverage of up to Rs 2 lakh to cardholders.
Highlights of E Shram Card Portal
|Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 59 and have an Aadhaar number, a bank account number, and a cellphone number linked to their Aadhaar.
|Registered employees will receive a 12-digit e-card that can be used nationwide and will be eligible for various government programs. They will also receive accident insurance coverage of up to Rs 2 lakh.
|Applicants can register for the E-Shram Card online at eshram.gov.in. The registration process involves entering personal information, including name, address, educational background, skill set, and family-related information.
|Downloading the E-Card
|The E-Shram Card can be downloaded by entering the UAN or Aadhaar number on the website and generating an OTP. Once the OTP is entered, the card can be downloaded in PDF format and printed out.
|Number of Registrations
|As of now, 29 crore unorganized employees have registered on the E-Shram platform. This is a significant number that highlights the reach and impact of the program.
|Ministry of Labor
|The E-Shram program is launched by the Ministry of Labor and Employment, which is responsible for safeguarding the rights of employees and promoting their welfare. The ministry also offers skill training and implements various plans to give workers access to employment.
|In addition to registering for the E-Shram Card, the labor force also receives social security through various government programs. The E-Shram program is expected to provide crucial help to unorganized workers during emergencies and pandemics.
Benefits of E Shram Card Scheme
The E-Shram Card offers several benefits to the workers in the unorganized sector. Some of these benefits include:
- Social Security: The workers in the unorganized sector will receive social security payments through eshram.gov.in. This mechanism will help provide crucial help during emergencies and widespread pandemics.
- Accident Insurance: Each registered employee will receive accident insurance coverage of up to Rs 2 lakh after receiving the E-Shram Card.
- Access to Government Programs: The benefits of numerous government programs will be extended to the workers through this card.
- National Acceptance: The E-Shram Card is a 12-digit e-card that is accepted all across the nation.
- Skill Training: The Ministry of Labor and Employment offers skill training to workers in addition to promoting their welfare.
Overall, the E-Shram Card is a significant initiative by the Indian government to provide social security and other benefits to the workers in the unorganized sector.
Main Motive of This Scheme
The main motive behind the E-Shram portal and card is to provide social security and welfare benefits to the unorganized sector workers in India. The unorganized sector workers such as street vendors, domestic workers, and other laborers have been historically neglected in terms of social security benefits and other welfare schemes. The E-Shram portal aims to bring all these workers under a single umbrella and provide them with a 12-digit unique identification number and e-card that will be recognized across the country.
This will not only help in providing social security benefits to the unorganized sector workers but also enable them to avail various government schemes and programs that they were previously excluded from. Additionally, the E-Shram portal will serve as a consolidated database of the unorganized sector workers, making it easier for the government to track their employment status, provide them with the necessary training, and ensure that they receive the benefits they are entitled to.
E-Shram Portal for Social Security Payments
The E-Shram portal aims to provide social security payments to unorganized workers during emergencies and pandemics like Covid19. This mechanism will provide crucial help to the country’s registered unorganized labor force. As of now, 29 crore unorganized employees have already enrolled on the e-Shram platform, and the number is expected to grow in the coming years.
How to Download E Shram Card?
There are two methods to download the E Shram card – through a phone number and an Aadhaar card. To download the card using a phone number, visit eshram.gov.in, select UPDATE, enter the UAN card number, birth date, and captcha, generate OTP, enter the OTP to confirm the mobile number, and click Download eSHRAM Card Download By Mobile Number.
To download the card using Aadhaar, visit eshram.gov.in, select UPDATE, enter the UAN number and captcha code, click Send OTP, enter the OTP and Aadhaar number, check the I Agree on the box, and click the submit button. Two options will appear – Refresh Profile UAN Card Download or UAN Card Download. Click on Download UAN Card to get your E SHRAM card downloaded using your Aadhar card.
- Visit the e-Shram portal: Go to the official website of the e-Shram portal at https://eshram.gov.in/.
- Login to your account: If you have already registered, click on the “Login” button and enter your login credentials such as the mobile number and OTP received on your mobile number.
- Download e-Shram card: After logging in, click on the “Download Card” button on the dashboard. A PDF copy of your e-Shram card will be generated which you can download and print for future use.
Note: If you have not yet registered for e-Shram, you need to create an account first by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the homepage of the portal. After completing the registration process, you can follow the above-mentioned steps to download your e-Shram card.
How to Check Eshram Card by UAN?
To check the E Shram card using your UAN card number, visit eshram.gov.in, and click on UPDATE under Already Registered? option, enter the UAN card number, date of birth, and captcha code, generate OTP, enter the OTP to validate the mobile number, select Download UAN Card, and the E SHRAM card will be downloaded.
How to Register for E Shram Card Scheme/Yojana 2024?
- Search for the registration form online or check if it is available at the registration desk.
- Provide your personal information such as your full name, date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- Choose a username and password that you will use to access your account in the future.
- Depending on the nature of the registration, you may be asked to provide additional information such as your address, occupation, or education level.
- Some registration forms may ask you to select your preferences or interests. Choose the options that best suit you.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully and agree to them by ticking the box provided.
- After filling in all the required fields, submit the form.
- After completing the registration and payment process, you will receive a confirmation message on the screen or via email.
- Once you receive confirmation, log in to your account using the username and password you created earlier.
Note that the steps may vary depending on the registration process and the organization you are registering with.
The E-Shram portal is a significant initiative by the Indian government to provide social security payments and accident insurance coverage to unorganized sector workers in India. The E Shram card online registration process is simple and can be done by any Indian citizen between the ages of 16 and 59 who is not a member of EPFO or ESIC. The portal aims to provide numerous facilities to workers and extends benefits of various programs through the 12-digit e-card that will be issued to registered employees.
|E Shram Card New List 2024