Are you still preparing with Old JEE Syllabus? Check here the latest JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024. Candidates who are going to appear in JEE Advanced Exam are informed that they can check the latest JEE Advanced Exam Syllabus. Here we are providing a syllabus according to subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as well as JEE Exam Pattern. Students may plan their exam strategy according to topics and score good marks in the examination. JEE Exam is going to be held on the scheduled date that is May 2024.
Contenders may also download JEE Aptitude Test Syllabi in PDF form through the Official Website is www. jee adv. ac. in Aspirants who are willing to collect more information about JEE Advanced, Aptitude Test Syllabi may scroll down this web page which is well created by the team of www.GoIndiaJob.in.
JEE Exam 2024 Advanced and Main Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Candidates who want to grab JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024 in PDF format may follow the simple steps. First of all, aspirants need to log on Official Website that is www. jee adv. ac. in. After reaching the home page, contenders need to select the ‘Brochure” tab which is presented at the menu bar.
Then a drop-down list will appear you need to hit at “Information Brochure” link. Now a new page will appear on your screen you have to select the ‘Hit Here to Download” link. After that, the Notification will be opened in PDF format. You may go with the “Syllabi” section and read it carefully. Contenders are advised to save JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024 for future use and start their exam preparation according to scoring good marks.
Highlights of JEE Advanced Exam 2024
- Name of the Exam: JEE Advanced
- Category: Syllabus
- Exam Name: Entrance Exam
- Official Website: https://jeeadv.ac.in/
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024
Joint Entrance Exam Syllabus for Chemistry
|Gaseous and liquid states
Atomic structure and chemical bonding
Chemical kinetics for JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024
Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024
|Isolation/preparation and properties of the following non-metals
Preparation and properties of the following compounds
|Transition elements (3d series)
|Preparation and properties of the following compounds
Ores and minerals
| Principles of qualitative analysis
Organic Chemistry for JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024
|Preparation, properties, and reactions of alkanes
Preparation, properties, and reactions of alkenes and alkynes
|Reactions of benzene
|Characteristic reactions of the following (including those mentioned above)
|Amino acids and peptidesGeneral structure (only primary structure for peptides) and physical properties|
|Properties and uses of some important polymersNatural rubber, cellulose, nylon, Teflon, and PVC|
|Practical organic chemistry
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024 for Mathematics
Algebra: Algebra of complex numbers, addition, multiplication, conjugation, polar representation, properties of modulus and principal argument, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity, geometric interpretations.
Quadratic equations with real coefficients, relations between roots and coefficients, formation of quadratic equations with given roots, symmetric functions of roots
Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic means, sums of finite arithmetic and geometric progressions, infinite geometric series, sums of squares, and cubes of the first n natural numbers.
Logarithms And Their Properties: Permutations and combinations, binomial theorem for a positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients. Matrices as a rectangular array of real numbers, equality of matrices, addition, multiplication by a scalar and product of matrices, transpose of a matrix, Determinant of a square matrix of order up to three, inverse of a square matrix of order up to three, properties of these matrix operations, diagonal, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices and their properties, solutions of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables.
Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability, Bayes Theorem, independence of events, computation of probability of events using permutations and combinations
Trigonometry: Trigonometric functions, their periodicity, and graphs, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and sub-multiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations. Relations between sides and angles of a triangle, sine rule, cosine rule, half-angle formula and the area of a triangle, inverse trigonometric functions (principal value only)
Analytical Geometry: Two dimensions: Cartesian coordinates, the distance between two points, section formulae, the shift of origin. Equation of a straight line in various forms, angle between two lines, a distance of a point from a line; Lines through the point of intersection of two given lines, equation of the bisector of the angle between two lines, concurrency of lines; Centroid, orthocentre, incentre and circumcentre of a triangle. Equation of a circle in various forms, equations of tangent, normal, and chord. Parametric equations of a circle, the intersection of a circle with a straight line or a circle, equation of a circle through the points of intersection of two circles, and those of a circle and a straight line.
Differential Calculus: Real valued functions of a real variable, into, onto and one-to-one functions, sum, difference, product, and quotient of two functions, composite functions, absolute value, polynomial, rational, trigonometric, exponential, and logarithmic functions. Limit and continuity of a function, limit, and continuity of the sum, difference, product, and quotient of two functions, L’Hospital rule of evaluation of limits of functions. Even and odd functions, the inverse of a function, continuity of composite functions, the intermediate value property of continuous functions. Derivative of a function, a derivative of the sum, difference, product, and quotient of two functions, chain rule, derivatives of polynomial, rational, trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, exponential, and logarithmic functions. Derivatives of implicit functions, derivatives up to order two, geometrical interpretation of the derivative, tangents, and normals, increasing and decreasing functions, maximum and minimum values of a function, Rolle’s theorem, and Lagrange’s mean value theorem.
Integral Calculus: Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, indefinite integrals of standard functions, definite integrals and their properties, fundamental theorem of integral calculus. Integration by parts, integration by the methods of substitution and partial fractions, application of definite integrals to the determination of areas involving simple curves. Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first-order differential equations.
Vectors: Addition of vectors, scalar multiplication, dot and cross products, scalar triple products, and their geometrical interpretations.
Physics Syllabus for JEE Advanced Examination
- Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis
- least count, significant figures
- Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities about the following experiments: Experiments based on using Vernier calipers and screw gauge (micrometer), Determination of g using a simple pendulum, Young’s modulus by Searle’s method, Specific heat of a liquid using a calorimeter, the focal length of a concave mirror and a convex lens using the u-v method, Speed of sound using resonance column, Verification of Ohm’s law using voltmeter and ammeter, and specific resistance of the material of a wire using meter bridge and post office box.
- Kinematics in one and two dimensions (Cartesian coordinates only), projectiles; Uniform Circular motion; Relative velocity.
- Newton’s laws of motion; Inertial and uniformly accelerated frames of reference; Static and dynamic friction; Kinetic and potential energy; Work and power; Conservation of linear momentum and mechanical energy.
- Systems of particles; Centre of mass and its motion; Impulse; Elastic and inelastic collisions.
- Law of gravitation; Gravitational potential and field; Acceleration due to gravity; Motion of planets and satellites in circular orbits; Escape velocity.
- Rigid body, a moment of inertia, parallel and perpendicular axes theorems, a moment of inertia of uniform bodies with simple geometrical shapes; Angular momentum; Torque; Conservation of angular momentum; Dynamics of rigid bodies with fixed axis of rotation; Rolling without slipping of rings, cylinders, and spheres; Equilibrium of rigid bodies; Collision of point masses with rigid bodies.
- Linear and angular simple harmonic motions.
- Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus.
- Pressure in a fluid; Pascal’s law; Buoyancy; Surface energy and surface tension, capillary rise; Viscosity (Poiseuille’s equation excluded), Stoke’s law; Terminal velocity, Streamline flow, equation of continuity, Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Wave motion (plane waves only), longitudinal and transverse waves, superposition of waves; Progressive and stationary waves; Vibration of strings and air columns; Resonance; Beats; Speed of sound in gases; Doppler effect (in sound).
- Thermal expansion of solids, liquids, and gases
- Calorimetry, latent heat
- Heat conduction in one dimension
- Elementary concepts of convection and radiation
- Newton’s law of cooling
- Ideal gas laws
- Specific heats (Cv and Cp for monoatomic and diatomic gases)
- Isothermal and adiabatic processes, bulk modulus of gases
- Equivalence of heat and work
- The first law of thermodynamics and its applications (only for ideal gases)
- Blackbody radiation: absorptive and emissive powers
- Kirchhoff’s law
- Wien’s displacement law, Stefan’s law.
Electricity and Magnetism
- Coulomb’s law; Electric field and potential; Electrical potential energy of a system of point charges and electrical dipoles in a uniform electrostatic field; Electric field lines; Flux of an electric field; Gauss’s law and its application in simple cases, such as, to find field due to infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell.
- Capacitance; Parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectrics; Capacitors in series and parallel; Energy stored in a capacitor.
- Electric current; Ohm’s law; Series and parallel arrangements of resistances and cells; Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications; Heating effect of current.
- Biot–Savart’s law and Ampere’s law; Magnetic field near a current-carrying straight wire, along the axis of a circular coil and inside a long straight solenoid; Force on a moving charge and a current-carrying wire in a uniform magnetic field.
- The magnetic moment of a current loop; Effect of a uniform magnetic field on a current loop; Moving coil galvanometer, voltmeter, ammeter, and their conversions.
- Electromagnetic induction: Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law; Self and mutual inductance; RC, LR, and LC circuits with d.c. and a.c. sources.
- Rectilinear propagation of light; Reflection and refraction at plane and spherical surfaces; Total internal reflection; Deviation and dispersion of light by a prism; Thin lenses; Combinations of mirrors and thin lenses; Magnification.
- Wave nature of light: Huygen’s principle, interference limited to Young’s double-slit experiment.
- Atomic nucleus; α, β and γ radiations; Law of radioactive decay; Decay constant; Half-life and mean life; Binding energy and its calculation; Fission and fusion processes; Energy calculation in these processes.
- Photoelectric effect; Bohr’s theory of hydrogen-like atoms; Characteristic and continuous X-rays, Moseley’s law; de Broglie wavelength of matter waves
Joint Entrance Exam Syllabus for Architecture Aptitude Test
- This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion
- Surface texture, relative location, and details of its parts in appropriate scale.
- Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
- Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc.
- Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
- Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, color,
- Volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping.
- Creativity check through the innovative uncommon test with familiar objects.
- Sense of color grouping or application.
- General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international
- Places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.